9 Yoga Poses To Reduce Belly Fat
Who would want to have that extra heaviness around the stomach? Firstly, doesn’t it make you look chubby around your abdomen? Secondly, doesn’t it stop you from wearing your skin fit dress?
With a no_health_conscious lifestyle, below par eating habits, lack of exercise for the body and the mind, and importantly prone to high-stress levels – you are sure to invite yourself a round tummy.
The wider your gut, the higher will be the level of risk. And, let me get in straight that there are no shortcuts to do away with the abdominal fat. A healthy and conscious diet amalgamated with good fitness daily will indeed assist you in reducing the belly fat to a notable extent. Above all, you will see yourself in a good shape.
With that happening, you can see how excited you would get to fit in all the clothes that you had once bought. And maybe, this can be a motivation for many to start the mission of reducing your belly fat.
Yoga, with no due surprise, has an answer to reducing the belly fat. It is no big deal when you practice yoga regularly. The result will just blow you off your feet. It will motivate you to do more of it to stay healthy, happy, conscious, and stress-free for many years.
Tadasana – the Mountain Pose
Tadasana is the warm-up pose as it enhances the blood circulation whilst also ensuring that your body is completely ready for the other poses.
- Corrects your posture
- Toughens the abdomen and buttocks
- Bolsters ankles, knees, and thighs
- Alleviates sciatica (acute pain that disturbs the back, hips, and outer side of your legs)
Surya Namaskar – the Sun Salutation
Surya Namaskar is an assemblage of twelve yoga asanas, where each asana has its own signature on the entire body. The forward and backward bends help in stretching and the deep breathing assists in detoxifying the body. Practicing Surya Namaskar daily in the morning facing the sun will benefit you – not just health wise but mentally.
In order to stay revived and fresh throughout the day, practice Surya Namaskar daily.
Padahastasana – the Standing Forward Bend
In this asana, you are allowing the abdomen to completely compress whilst bending forward. This leads to subduing the fat. The compression that you exert will help in toning the tummy.
- Enhances digestion, as the abdominal muscles are toned with compression
- augments the wrist joints
- Wards of mental and physical exhaustion
Paschimottanasana – the Seated Forward Bend
One of the basic asanas of Hatha Yoga as it triggers the center of your solar plexus. In addition to being a tummy toner, the asana also stretches the hamstrings, hips, and thighs. It is ideal for people with digestive disorders.
- Frees from stress
- Helps in lessening fat in the abdomen
- Poises the menstrual cycles
Pavanamuktasana – the Wind Relieving Pose
A great asana to relieve you off gastric problems encapsulating constipation and indigestion. Because your knees apply pressure on the tummy, sticking on to this position for more than 60 seconds will help in stimulating the fat burning process.
- Invigorates the back and abdominal muscles
- Aids in digestion and releasing the gas
- Tones the muscles in the arms and legs
Naukasana – the Boat Pose
The most sought yoga pose because it is a definite yes to reduce the belly fat and get you a flat tummy. Holding this pose for more than 60 seconds will help in contracting the abdominal muscles. And the posture a boat-like movement will help in abs toning.
- Reinforces the abdominal muscles and assists in removing belly fat
- Emends the health of digestive organs
- Bolster shoulder, arms, and thighs
Ushtrasana – the Camel Pose
Countering the Naukasana pose, this back stretch that involves touching your ankles helps in toning your abdominal muscles by exerting tension around the abdomen. The accumulated tension from the previous asana will get released concurrently with a good stretch.
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Improves posture
- Allays menstrual discomfort, fatigue, and back pain
Uttanpadasana – the Raised Foot Pose
This asana is to discard fat in your lower abdominal region along with hips and thighs. This pose will eliminate the flab that stores around your waist and hips during your pregnancy.
- Cures stomach-related ailments like constipation and acidity
- Treats back pain
- Strengthens the performance of reproductive organs
- Enhances blood circulation
Marjariasana – the Cow Cat Pose or Cat Pose
This is the most known asana to enhance the spine’s flexibility also helps in reducing the fat and the belly size.
- Improves the toughness of the spine
- Aids in correcting the posture
- Ameliorates tension in the lower back